- Participation in the sport of cycling in all its aspects and disciplines.
- The organisation, management and development of cycling and or cycling events.
- The provision of training and racing facilities for its members.
- Promoting and maintaining the highest standards of technical competence and safety in the sport of cycling.
- Providing equal opportunities for successful participation by all sections of the community
- The promotion of the sport of cycling
The club is affiliated to Scottish Cycling (reg. number: 128384), CTC (membership number: 90044164), Spinning accredited centre, GO MTB accredited centre, North of Scotland Cycling Association and Sutherland Sports Council.
East Sutherland Wheelers are Go-Ride Club Mark accredited. This recognition proves we are observing best practice in child protection, coaching and competition, equity and club management.
For parents or young cyclists, it provides confidence to know that your local Go-Ride club is safe, well-managed and an exciting place to be.
All British Cycling qualified coaches meet the criteria necessarily outlined in the through Clubmark. For example they will have taken a course in safeguarding and protecting children, they will have a valid first aid certificate and have an enhanced disclosure form.